Thursday, August 12, 2010

A run, and two dumpers.

"Turn Joe Into a Runner" project, updated: Week 5 of C25k is complete, with a slow 20 minute jog. I know it doesn't sound like much, but for me, it is. I'm honestly kind of proud of myself, even though I was admittedly dogging it a bit on the run.

"Make Tasty Beer" project, updated: I'm bummed. earlier this year, I made two batches of beer with washed Cry Havoc yeast. Either I fermented WAY too warm, or the yeast was off, because both beers (a blonde ale and a 90 shilling-type ale) turned out amazingly estery.

Hpoing to recover the beers, I kegged them and let them condition for four months in the basement. Nope, still nasty.

I think it's time to dump 'em and move on. Sigh.
I need the keg space anyhow. Time to brew my Oktoberfest Ale and start thinking about holiday beer.

No comments: