Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Wow

What a beautiful morning!

It's been hot in Denver lately, with daily highs approaching the century mark. I've been running (well, OK -- lumbering, then) in the mornings. As I progress through the C25K program, the intervals start getting longer. Today was day 2 of week 2, or W2D2 in C25K parlance. I went around 2 miles (including warmup and warm-down walks of five or seven minutes per), with 90 second intervals followed by 120 second recovery periods. My overall pace (per RunKeeper) was 15:38, including the warmups.

Today's "run" felt really good. In previous days, I'd been getting winded, and often getting a small stitch in my side during the last interval. Not today! I felt like I was barely breathing hard at all.

Getting up early to run has me feeling pretty good lately. Why didn't I start running again sooner?

No comments: