Thursday, December 4, 2008

Hogback? Brewing?

So, why the name?

I live on the far Southwest side of the Denver Metro area, near a really cool geological formation called the Morrison Hogback. It's a knife-thin ridge, several hundred feet tall, and not many more thick, that stands about a mile East of the foothills of the Front Range. If you've ever driven West into the mountains from Denver, the first roadcut you pass through bores through the Morrison Hogback.

It's got some nice hiking trails, plenty of cool stuff like dinosaur footprints, petroglyphs, fossils, and killer views of Denver on one side, and Red Rocks ampitheater on the other.

"Brewing" is for my primary hobby (as of now), brewing beer. I like to drink it too. I started brewing with a college buddy in about 1994. I took a few years off thanks to apartment living, family, work, and such, but roared back into it with a vengance not too long ago. There will be much more about beer and brewing in the days to come.

So, that's it for now. Welcome aboard, and I hope to see somebody look at this someday.

-Joe

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm following you. Great to see more HBT memebers with blogs.